In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus
Solstice Celebration - this Saturday (17 Dec 2011) 2:30-5:30
Bring some light into the darkest part of the year together in a family-friendly, completely volunteer-run, abundance celebration.
The 3rd Annual OOOOBY Christmas market supporting local small producers, come and enjoy some local fresh seasonal food & drink. All OOOOBY stock will also be reduced.
When darkness falls - around 4:30 - we follow our own and many other ancient traditions by kindling lights together to light up the dark (we supply candles). Following this, children can visit with Santa.
- If you can, please bring some food/drink (non-alcoholic) to share.
- Stalls are available for local food and craft producers at the celebration, please contact us immediately if you want one (nominal €5 cost).
- Volunteer times Thursday 2-4 clean up, Friday 11-1 set up, Satuday 12 - finish setup & decorate
- IMPORTANT! Santa URGENTLY NEEDS A SANTA SUIT for the OOOOBY Solstice celebration, as his has disappeared! Please contact me if you have one he could use; guaranteed to get you on his "nice" list!
OOOOBY Store & Online shop
We're clearing out all stock for the winter, everything on the shelves will be reduced at the Solstice Celebration.
Apart from the Solstice Celebration, the Store has no regular opening hours in December and January, but the online ecoshop is open as usual. If you're not getting your items shipped to you, we'll contact you when your order's ready for collection.
ORDER DEADLINE TOMORROW: If you need any baking ingredients or other items before Christmas, we must have your order in tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
GIFT VOUCHERS ARE AVAILABLE IN ANY DENOMINATION - These can be used for courses (see below), products in the shop/online, tools, plants, seeds, etc. If giving a voucher for a course, please tell us so we can reserve a place on that course.
New Courses at Carraig Dúlra for 2012
- Hot off the press -- these aren't even in our online course listings! You can purchase gift vouchers for these. Cost for courses is €75 per day.
One day courses:
- Garden Design - 19th Jan
- Organic Gardening for Beginners - 8th Feb
- Storing & Preserving - 27th Sept
- Herb Gardening - 9th Aug
Multiple-day courses (but you can book only the ones you want):
- Complete Organic Gardening 5 Days – One each season, 2 in summer. Can be purchased as group or individually.Planning, ground prep, crop rotation.
Planning, ground prep, crop rotation. - Jan 26th
Solis, soil fertility, composting. - Feb 9th
Polytunnel, sowing indoors and outdoors. - March 29th
Pests and diseases and control. - May 24th
Weed identification and management. - July 19th
- Polytunnel Workshops 4 Days – One each season, can be purchased as a group or individually.
8th March, 10th May, 26th July, 18th Oct.
To book, you can buy a Gift voucher in our online shop, over the phone or in person. Remember to tell us your name & course title when booking a course. Payment methods include Paypal, credit card (online only), Bank transfer, cheque or cash (in person only)
Hope to see you at the Celebration this Saturday